Thursday 15 August 2013

Ode to Summer ALA Justin Timberlake



I am filled with great excitement. 

No, I didn't finish my next novel. (My muse has been on holiday. Or something.) 

No, I didn't shed that 10 pounds of extra baby weight. (Yes, I realize my youngest is now nine-years old.) 

And I certainly didn't win any lotteries. (Apparently you need to play, to win.)

No, the big celebration is...
Summer is Returning! 

Yes, my fellow sun deprived heat seekers, we will be reaching temps of 35 degrees this weekend across Manitoba! (That's 95 for my American pals.)

So, what's the big deal?   
Last Smokin' Hot Day - July 4th

Lemme' fill you in on some fast weather facts. This summer has been a boon-dongle in terms of hot beach days. The last time our temps soared to 30 was July 4th. July 4th, peeps.  

Who knew Independence Day would be such a banner day for a bunch of chilly Canadians? 

Last July we had 15 plus 30 degree days. 15. Simply ridiculous.

To celebrate this outstanding weather, I wrote a song to thank dear Mother Nature. Please sing it loudly and proudly to the tune of Justin Timberlake's, Sexy Back.

Summer's Back 

 

Mother Nature's bringing summer back.
Yeah.
The sun’s been hiding for far too long. 
Yeah.
This cool weather just feels all wrong. 
Yeah.
It’s time for us to have a sun attack.
Yeah.
Take em' to the Beach.

Sandy kids.
Uh-huh.
You see their smiling faces, freckled too.
Uh-huh.
Making castles, underneath a sky of blue.
Uh-huh.
Oh, Mr. Sun we’ve been missing you.
Uh-huh.
Take em’ to the Beach!

Come here sun
Go ahead, enjoy it
Come to the Beach
Go ahead, enjoy it
Summer’s Here
Go ahead, enjoy it
The Water’s Warm
Go ahead, enjoy it
Lake Winnipeg
Go ahead, enjoy it
The Big Whiteshell
Go ahead, enjoy it
Lake of the Woods
Go ahead, enjoy it
Clear Lake, too
Go ahead, enjoy it

Take em’ to the Beach!

I will be dancing across Ponemah Beach singing, off-tune as I do, with carefree abandon this Saturday through Tuesday. 

Please join me if you're in the area. The cottage is always open to friends.

Too hot to handle.
Take em' to the Beach.
'Cuz the sun is high.
Take em' to the Beach.
Yeah!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment